Thursday, September 22, 2005

The Final Word on Orange and Powder Blue





Fashion Victims

Every time Dumb and Dumber gets aired on TV, we at eTuxedo get a call from some misguided soul who wants a powder blue or orange tuxedo.   The frightening thing about this is that people actually want to wear these to their weddings or proms, not just Halloween parties.


I'm all for people finding their own style, but if you are seriously considering trying to wear one of these atrocities in public, I beg you to think of your date, bride, or anyone who may have sensitive eyes.   You have every right to make a fool of yourself, but please consider the feelings of that woman you're lucky to have standing next to you.   One day, she'll have kids of her own, and she'll be forced to explain to them why she was doomed to be seen in public next to you.


Think of all these before you go forward with your plans.   If, after you have considered all of these factors, you are still determined to dress in a tuxedo that is orange, blue, purple, leopard print, or whatever, don't call us.   We can't help you.


You'll have to buy them from a costume shop.   The cheap variety can be bought at any Halloween store, especially around September or October, and will cost you around $50-$75.   It won't fit you very well (see picture) and it'll be the cheapest polyester known to man, which means you'll be suffocating in a matter of minutes.


If you're buying this for a wedding, you'll want something of a better quality.   You'll need to call around to higher end, professional costumers.   I'm talking about the companies that make costumers for movies and huge on-stage productions.   Your tuxedo will be custom made and will cost you somewhere around $1,000.


We're sorry we don't have better news, but mercifully, there are no reputable tuxedo shops that make these kind of tuxedos.

9 Comments:

At 4:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Blogs/site is very informative on the **big and tall**related subject

 
At 9:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You dont have to spend $1000 for one of these tuxedos you can rent them for $95 from Dumb and Dumber Costumes .com

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger Zach said...

Not to rag on other people's websites, but you'll notice that nowhere on DumbandDumberCostumes .com does it give the material that those outfits are made of. Also, they spelled cummerbund wrong.

Still I doubt people looking for these kind of tuxedos will be disuaded by little details like garment quality. We'll be sure to refer anyone looking for these formalwear abominations to this site.

Zach

 
At 8:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your article is very informative and helped me further.

Thanks, David

 
At 6:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I appreciate SOMEONE posting an article like this - I've been trying to find a baby blue tuxedo for my prom date for the last month and have had no luck until I found this website. Even though I'm sure we'll be the "highlight" of prom, and more than likely for the wrong reason, I assure you that I will explain to my kids how big of a goober my date is. Thanks again!

 
At 1:55 AM, Blogger 80'sBaby said...

Very nice blog! Dumb and Dumber one of the best movies ever i would have to say. Thouse look like tuxedo t shirts www.tuxedo-t-shirts.com "I like tuxedo T-Shirts because they say I want to be formal, but I'm here to party"

 
At 6:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've unfortunatly stumbled upon this blog and, basically, it epitimizes the reason blogs are bad. You are obviously just running your pretentious mouth to anyone willing to listen without actual knowing shit about these things. Sorry that you're too boring to cut loose and have a little fun and also sorry to your prom date who probably wanted to shoot herself after a lame night with you as she walked in her front door promptly at 10pm but why harp on people who want to do something different? I know that if I were a guy I wouldn't want to go with some little priss who would get all butthurt because I wanted to have a little fun anyway. The point of me even responding to your stupid little blog was to let other people know that you can easily rent one of these suits at costume castle for $59- (orange county/lake forest or online). They are nice material and look awesome, not to mention they come in all different sizes so they fit well. $1000- is fucking ridiculous and so is etuxedo.

 
At 3:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks eTuxedo...I received our order and my husband, (who is a picky dresser) really liked the tux..it was a great package for a great little price...We are going to our daughter's wedding and as the Father of the Bride...He will be looking sharp...Thanks for your help via phone answering all my questions and thanks for your honesty....Penny - Little Rock, AR.

 
At 2:38 PM, Anonymous That70sMan said...

I can tell that this is obviously your bias, and I am fine with that, but you know, what you see as horrendous to other people it is considered classy. It's all about what makes YOU feel good rather than what anyone else thinks. That is what I loved about the 70s, freedom of expression. maybe you should get your eyes checked out because your tastes are sooo square bro! Lighten up man, its the 70s all over again. And remember: Those who refuse to accept the past are condemned to repeat it. So don't be surprised if you find yourself wearing a burgundy tux to your next wedding HA!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home